Monday, August 1, 2011

Art

People that know me know I support the arts...being a member of the ballet, the pops, the ICA, etc...but I'm realizing that I am much more into the performing arts then still art. I guess I've always known I'm not a big art museum kinda person, but now I'm realizing I'm not a big art tour kinda person as well.
In Malaga, the tourist info counter had some maps of random things throughout the city, for instance, picasso's Malaga that took you to many landmarks relating to picasso's life there. I decided to try out the "Contemporary Malaga" tour...looked interesting. I wound my way through the city to find the beginning point, the contemporary art museum. Knowing I wasn't a big museum person, I skipped that and went on to stop #2...a statue/sculpture thing. A bit weird. And stop #3 was another sculpture nearby. Interesting, but by this point I realized that I enjoy accidentally coming across random sculptures in life, but I don't really enjoy the map of where to go to find each one.
I think this trip is making my box smaller, and defining more things I don't like, rather than expanding my horizons and making me realize there is so much out there left to discover. Or maybe I need an attitude adjustment and I need to learn to appreciate things for what they are and not try to look for a greater meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment