Monday, August 8, 2011

Barca

Just about the time I figure a city out, I head to the next one. Such is the case with Barcelona. I really like the city...it is much more like a city as defined at home then the other places I've visited. Although las cocinas do stay open much later than at home! Today I did one of the hop on/hop off bus tours. It was a great way to see many things that I otherwise would have probably skipped, but it also stays on the major roads so the little hidden gems are still hidden to me. Guess those will be for my next trip :). I did get out to the futball stadium. Holy crap it is big. And not a football upright to be seem! I'm noticing that a lot...many soccer nets on random fields/parks. And I've also noticed that groups of boys (I have yet to see a group of girls) always have a soccer ball as the equipment of choice. Guess that is how you get good...always have your feet on a ball. I think my soccer coach said that in high school. Unfortunately it was too late for me. Anyway, the furbal stadium where FCBarcelona (Barca) plays...it is a fair distance from the city center so if I hadn't been on the tour bus I probably would have missed it. Granted, it cost 22€ to get in for the tour and such (do they think I'm made of money?!) but I at least got to walk around a bit and go to the official store. The non-player specific jerseys were 80€, and the good players were fetching over 100€ for a jersey. Seems they are on par with football and baseball stars back home (which, by the way, if anyone wants to get me an Ellsbury jersey I won't complain...did you see what an awesome night he had last night?!). I did get myself some soccer socks though...official FCB colors that they wear at home. They look just like Nike socks I can get at home, but I'll know the difference :).

No comments:

Post a Comment