Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Best Thing So Far!

In Barcelona, I took one of those bus tours that is the hop on/hop off double decker things so I as able to get out and see the sights that I was supposed to see!  And it took us up the Olympic mountain to the Olympic stadium and supposedly some of the best views of the city from the gardens in the area.   On the way up the hill, the little voice in my ear told about the dive pool complex and how it was open for swimming to the public. My ears perked at that little tid-bit! When the tour was over, I asked one of the red vested helpers about it, and she basically gave me a blank stare.  So I asked at my hotel, and the guy at the front desk said that any pools in Barcelona would be memberships that would be extremely expensive.  I wasn´t going to accept that, so I got on the internet to search it out.  Seems that the polo pool is in fact open to the public for only 5€...awesome!  So the next morning I got suited up and headed to the top of the hill.  Yup, 5€ and I was in...had to climb all the way down to the changing rooms, then up the stairs at the back of the pool to enter the complex.  Oh my goodness, amazing!  I felt like Greg Louganis, well, except that he wasn´t in the '92 Olympics...And there were only a handful of other people there, imagine this awesome resource and no one in the city even used it!
But swimming in that pool with the gorgeous view out over the entire city was absolutely the highlight of my trip.  Heck with all the beautiful architecture and cathedrals, I liked the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment