Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sevilla esta muy calor

I love hot weather. Anyone that knows me knows that I hate winter and I would much prefer having temps in the 80's and 90's. Well, Sevilla called my bluff. Holy crap was it hot. I actually used the a/c in my apartment. Wednesday morning I went out at about 9am to walk along the river (think esplanade) and it was 30 deg C when I started.  By the time I made it back to the apartment around 11 it was up to 34. And the heat of the day hadn't even set in yet! By the time I got on the train at 8pm to head to Malaga before going to Morocco, it was 37. At 8 o'clock at night! Needless to say, I really didn't see much of Sevilla. I walked around a little on Tuesday when I got there but after about an hour I was spent. Luckily the bus has a circular route that goes around the city...my compromise was to take the loop so I was at least able to see stuff.
I even tried to go out on the roof deck at one point, but the heat was just over-whelming. I went to a flamenco show on Tuesday night and upon walking into the small performance room that fit about 75 people, they handed out paper fans. You know it is bad when they basically tell you you're going to be hot...
I'm a bit glad my trip to Morocco lasted longer than it was supposed to, just so I didn't have so much time in Sevilla.
I think I might have enjoyed the city, but I would much rather go when it is just slightly cooler. At least I learned how much heat is too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment